Thursday, March 15, 2012

Give It Up!

I've been waiting for the return of Mitt Romney since he dropped out of the 2008 primaries. I hoped he would be back, and he hasn't disappointed this time around. Last time it was no fun watching him lose at the polls. What a difference four years has made.

And yet, I find myself very frustrated even with all of Mitt's success. In the background are these noisy detractors who just won't go away. I'm looking at you, Gingrich and Santorum! I patiently waited while Perry, Bachmann, and Cain got the hint. (Seriously, Herman, you're thinking you should run for president with that chequered past of yours?) I breathed a sigh of relief when Palin announced she wouldn't be running. (The Republican name can only stand so much embarrassment. The country is not laughing with you, Sarah!) And I don't mind Ron Paul so much. Watching him pick up delegates is like watching two kids play "who can hit the softest". Good job Ron - you're going to be the only person in history to stay in the race to the end with so few delegates.

But, seriously, what is up with Gingrich and Santorum? Frankly, Gingrich is a bit of a joke too. And in a way I appreciate him splitting the vote and bringing Santorum down. But at the same time I get so annoyed to hear their campaigns talking about the importance of sticking out this race. Sticking out the race clear to the convention EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE KNOWS THEY CAN'T WIN! The foundation has been laid. The delegate tide is not possibly going to turn at this point, no matter how much support you guys can muster. Enough already!

I once observed that a trip to Las Vegas is essentially a tailor-made vacation for people who are really bad at math. So hey, Newt and Rick, if you need a break from the campaign trail I know just the place for you two to take some time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment